What is RetroFoam™?
RetroFoam™ is a 3-part resin that produces an odor-free, non-flammable, and non-toxic insulation material. RetroFoam™ can be injected into the wall cavity of your home or office. Optimal for replacing your old insulation or insulating your existing building, RetroFoam™ injected foam insulation offers numerous benefits as well as a simple and quick installation process.
RetroFoam™’s injected foam insulation properties include…
- Sound dampening
- Non-toxic insulation
- Shuts out drafts while allowing walls to breathe
- Repels water
- Reduces mildew and dampness and adds longevity to painted and papered wall surfaces
- Requires no maintenance and continues to work year after year
- Inhibits insects, borers, and rodents
- Will not slump or sag
Benefits of RetroFoam™ Insulation
- RetroFoam™ maintains a high R-value over time.
- Helps to stop drafts that come through electrical outlets and cracks surrounding windows
- Makes walls warmer to the touch
- Makes the home quieter (45-50db on average)
- Has a Class 1 fire rating (non-flammable)
- Adds safety and value to your home
- Saves you money on utility bills
- Installation is typically completed within a day. Since it can be installed from the outside, it’s not intrusive – no tearing out of walls, moving furniture, or interior cleanup.
Green Benefits of RetroFoam™
- Biodegradable (no disposal issues)
- No CFCs
- No ozone-depleting off-gassing
- No container-disposal problems
- Does not require potable water
- Utilizes less energy for transportation because it ships dry
Injected wall foam insulation lowers energy and re-insulation costs and makes your home a more comfortable place to live.
RetroFoam™ injected foam insulation can save you up to 50% on your energy bill!
With heating and cooling costs rising beyond belief, you can’t afford to wait another day to re-insulate your home or office with RetroFoam™. Give Home Snuggers a call today to start saving.
RetroFoam™ is the only home insulation designed specifically for insulating existing wall cavities.
Consider the total area of your outside walls – it’s not surprising that the heat loss through the walls in a typical house is greater than the combined heat loss through the windows and floors. Even if your ceilings are insulated, the heat inside your home simply finds the next easiest exit to escape. When insulating your home, it is important to take a holistic approach. For example, think of an icebox – if only the lid or walls were insulated, it would not work effectively.
Home Insulation – Why Insulate?
RetroFoam™ home insulation is a very effective way to prevent large amounts of heat loss and can be installed into most existing walls, including WeatherSide fiber cement siding, stucco, brick veneer, and brick basement walls (if there is an accessible cavity). The installation can take place from either the outside (through the exterior cladding) or inside (through the drywall or similar) of the house, and will usually be completed within one to two days with very little disruption to the household.
What are the benefits of having a well-insulated home?
- A warm, dry home is a healthy home.
- Your home will be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- You will save significantly on utility costs.
How RetroFoam™ Home Insulation Works
RetroFoam™ is a plastic spray foam containing millions of tiny air cells. Within minutes of injecting the liquid foam into the wall cavity, it sets to form a firm, resilient filling, containing millions of tiny bubbles of still air. These bubbles act like pockets of air trapped between the feathers of a duck, minimizing air circulation within the wall cavity and preventing air flow and heat loss. Once installed, RetroFoam™ home insulation will continue working for decades with absolutely no maintenance.
RetroFoam™ is an extremely safe product to introduce into your walls. Unlike polyurethane foams, which can be purchased from your local hardware store, RetroFoam™ home insulation is a modified plastic spray foam that is installed by licensed insulation companies. The expanding agent in RetroFoam™ is compressed air and the foam is fully expanded prior to entering your walls, thus filling your wall cavities safely. RetroFoam™ meets government guidelines, does not create a fire hazard, is hydrophobic (repels water), and is a non-toxic insulation.
Unlike blow-in loose fill home insulation, spray foam does not slump or fall down over time and rodents will not build their nests in RetroFoam™. If at any time you decide to do wall alterations, the solid customized blocks of foam can be easily removed while work is in progress and simply replaced on completion. If rewiring is needed, wires can be pushed through the rigid foam or the foam can be cut.
Thermal Resistance and R-ratings of RetroFoam Insulation
- The effectiveness of insulation materials is measured by their thermal resistance, called R-value. For example, on fiberglass bats there will be a rating of R-13. This means the product has a total thermal resistance of 13. For comparison, the same thickness of wood has an R-value of approximately 4.0. A plain window typically has an R-value between 1 and 2. An R-value of R-0 would indicate no thermal resistance at all, like an open doorway. (When the door is open there is nothing resisting the heat from passing through.) Every wall in a house has an R-value that is different based on the thickness of the wall and the number of doors and windows that are installed.
- Testing done by accredited labs shows that RetroFoam™’ provides an R-value range between 16 and 24 depending on wall thickness.
- Most homes with 2X4 studs will have R-values up to 18.1 when RetroFoam™ is installed.
Better thermal resistance means better insulation, which cuts down your utility bills.
Learn more about re-insulating with RetroFoam™ home insulation.
Replace old, ineffective insulation in your home or office or add insulation where none exists. With its extremely high R-values (up to R-23.7), RetroFoam™ is the most efficient and cost-effective choice for insulating.
Learn more about quick and easy spray foam installation!
Injected wall foam installation lowers energy and re-insulation costs!
RetroFoam™ pays for itself by saving you money on your utility bills. RetroFoam™ keeps your home warmer or cooler longer, so there’s no need to keep running the heater or AC. Since it’s not necessary to tear out walls or remove old insulation, RetroFoam™ injected foam insulation costs less to install than any other re-insulation material.
Injected foam insulation increases your comfort in all weather.
RetroFoam™’s R-value (R-value measures insulation effectiveness) reaches a remarkable R-4.6 per inch in winter and R-4.1 per inch in summer. This is the highest annual R-value of any re-insulation option on the market today.
RetroFoam™ injected foam insulation provides homes with 2×4 studs R-values of R-16.0 and R-14.9 for winter and summer, respectively. R-values for homes with 2×6 studs reach R-23.7.
RetroFoam™ also eliminates drafts by sealing plugs, switches, cracks, and anywhere else air can enter or leave your home. It achieves 95% or greater coverage in wall cavities.
Injected wall foam insulation continues to save money over time.
Injected foam insulation resists pests.
Injected foam insulation does not disrupt your life when installed.
A sound solution — injected foam insulation decreases noise.
Injected foam insulation never hurts the environment.